The National Shooting Sports Foundation has issued a call for presentations for SHOT Show University and the Retailer Education Seminars to be held at the 2018 NSSF SHOT Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
About the Events
SHOT Show University, the premier educational event for today’s FFLs and range owners, will take place Monday, January 22. This day-long session features both keynote addresses and breakout sessions that cover all facets of retail and range operation from leadership, to business operations, compliance topics and operational excellence. We are looking for presenters with expertise in the following:
- Technology for Small Businesses—Innovations that are or will soon be available that will assist retailers in their business practices and customer service.
- Retail Management Strategies—Merchandising, customer service training, profit and loss management, inventory management, effective buying practices, online, social media and in-store promotions, etc.
- Social Media and the Firearms Retailer— Are you a social media expert with experience in the firearms industry? We want to hear from you!
- Employee Engagement and Retention—Retaining key employees is a critical part of any firearms retailers’ success.
Retailer Education Seminars take place throughout the week of SHOT Show, January 23-25, and cover an array of subject matter. Past topics have included how to better diversify customer bases, selling used firearms, NFA compliance, tips on best buying practices, establishing a compliance regimen and understanding your profit and loss statement.
Those attending the NSSF SHOT Show University and Retailer Education Seminars are largely independent firearms retailers, but also include those just in the startup phase to those who are multi-chain, multi-generational store owners.
SHOT Show University presentations can be designed either as a keynote address (from 60-90 minutes) or as a breakout session (60 minutes).
Retailer Education Seminars should be designed to be 60 minutes long. Please note that meeting time and space is a limiting factor for these in-show seminars and we may not be able to accept all presentations submitted.
- April 28, 2017 – All presentation submissions due
- June 5, 2017 – Notification of Acceptance
Questions? Contact NSSF’s Patrick Shay at email@example.com.